Sunday, May 17, 2009

Not A Bad Weekend

- Friday
Had a huge pre-menstrual cycle headache, so didn't do much besides going to eat delicious Thai food at Little Elephant with my mother.

- Saturday
Woke up at 5:50 in the freaken morning because my dad wanted me to go to a funeral with him. Left at 8:30 to go to Rose Hills for the burial, and when we got there, the black lady was like "Whose service are you attending?" My dad didn't even know the lady who died's name, so I said "We just know it's an Asian lady," and the black lady was like "Oh, I got alot of those." Apparently they had 32 burials that day since that cemetery was probably big enough to fit all the people who died in the Civil War! So the black lady goes "Is it Lydia Wong?" and we heard a Chinese-sounding name, so we just went to the chapel where she told us to go. Turns out it was the wrong lady and the lady we were looking for actually had a Vietnamese name. Pretty embarassing, so we spent an hour playing Thirteen while waiting for the people to arrive from mass, but my dad finally called the lady who died's son-in-law and he said they wouldn't be there 'til 11:30. It was 11 at the time and we were starving, so we were like "Welp, it's the thought of us waking up to be here that counts," and ditched the burial to go to Chinatown for dimsum at some overly expensive place. Afterwards, Mimi and I went to some of the stores and I ended up buying a bunch of eyelash stuff since it's so cheap there. I definitely wanna go back there soon. Wow! Just as I typed that, my mom said "Let's go to LA and Chinatown next weekend." Coinky dink or what! Anywho, we got back at 2, and Mike picked me up at 4. We went to West Mall, where he got black slacks from Macy's, and then went to get Starbucks before going to Mile Square Park. We talked about some things but didn't really get anywhere. He looked too cute for me to continue to be mad at though, so we agreed that he would start trusting me more and I would stop giving him reasons not to trust me. Went to get popcorn chicken afterwards and rushed home since Darin's birthday party was at 8. Hung out with Katie and Christy and stuff but got bored since there were a bunch of Asian gangsters and, contrary to what people think about me, I no longer enjoy being around those type of people. So I went home and Mike came over since he was still in Garden Grove with his friends. He left around 11, I watched a great episode of Cheaters where these two white girls kept punching each other, and knocked out because I was pooped.
- Sunday
My relatives came over for my mom's food today and I chilled with Kathleen, who's obsessively in love with her teacher. She just read this and said "I hope he reads this, he'll know about my love in four years." Disgusting. My grandma, who has Alzheimer's, kept leaving our house because she says that she has to go home to cook my grandpa rice. I guess she doesn't realize that they got evicted from their house three months ago, and my grandpa has been in the nursery home for the past couple weeks. I said hi to her today, and she turned to my aunt and said "How does she know me?" Witnessing the effects of Alzheimer's first-hand is pretty sad. As for the Lakers game, I don't have much to say about it since I'm sure you guys all watched it too. I was really surprised that Orlando won though, and by such a large margin. I thought the Celtics were gonna take it for sure.

8:39pm: Window started shaking and Mimi started looking around, and my initial reaction was "Fuck, window's open, what if a rapist is outside." But then my mom screamed "Earthquake! Run outside!" So I took a second to consider whether I wanted to grab my phone and laptop but figured I was more important so I ran outside. Earthquakes scare me since I'm always afraid it's the big one. Mimi asked her Mike if he felt it, and he said "That was just you walking." Lmao!

No comments:

Post a Comment