Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Irvine Park

Took forever to upload pictures to my Myspace, so I didn't sleep early enough to volunteer in the morning at Quaker Gardens. Mark had been calling me for the past week, telling me that he wanted to see me sometime before I went back to school. He actually came into the store yesterday for a good 20mins with one of his friends and was mad because I didn't say hi to him. I seriously didn't even see him though. Since I was only helping with floorset and wasn't actually on the clock, I wasn't required to pay any attention to the customers, so I guess he got mad because he thought I was ignoring him on purpose. I went to Quaker Gardens to talk to Leeann in person about why I hadn't been there much this summer, and she was really nice about it and said she understood. Mark came to pick me up when I was done, and he wanted to go to the park so we stopped by his house to get a blanket to lay on. I wanted to go to Mile Square Park but he insisted on driving 45 minutes to Irvine Park. It was so nice there. It's an upper class area, so there were big houses and expensive cars all over the place. There was barely anyone at the park when we got there, so we drove around to look at the peacocks, squirrels, lizards, and horses that were in one of the areas at the park. We found some shade to lay under and it was so calming to just talk and relax. Even though there are a lot of things I dislike about Mark, I still enjoy hanging out with him just because he's laidback like I am. I've always wanted to lay out in the park, but no one ever wanted to do that with me. I kept making fun of Mark's situation. It's so easy to laugh at him! But on a serious note, I feel bad for him 'cause I know he's not ready for everything that's in store for him. He didn't even wanna be with that girl, but he had to ask her out since she got pregnant. He keeps telling me how much he likes me and how much he knows he fucked up 'cause I never kiss him back. We were there for a few hours and I didn't want to ever leave because that's the last time I'll be stress-free for a very, very, very long time. After today comes school, loads of homework, endless scholarship and college applications, volunteer hours, and stepping up my game at work. At least it'll all be worth it in the end, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment