Sunday, June 14, 2009

2009 NBA Champions

Today was one of the happiest, most long-awaited days of my life. I became a Lakers fan after watching them in the 2001 playoffs with my dad and uncles, but the 2002 playoffs didn't mean much to me since I was too young to understand the game. Since I became old enough to really watch and understand basketball, I longed for a Laker victory. And it came today in Game 5 against the Orlando Magic, 99 - 86. It kind of creeped up on me because I had hoped that they wouldn't take the series until Game 6 or 7, but I was ecstatic nonetheless. I was so happy as the clock was running down, but my emotions took over me as soon as the time left read 0:00. I involuntarily shed a couple tears out of sheer joy, and I know Amy's gonna laugh at me when she reads this because I'm such a pansy crybaby, but at least this was for a good reason and not due to the fact that some old cartoon lady died. I'm just a bit disappointed that a few idiotic Laker "fans" are celebrating not because they're happy their team won, but because they want attention and recognition, and that's why they decided to burn shit up in the middle of the streets. I'm also sad that the parade will be on Wednesday at 10 a.m. Why couldn't it be the day after, or a few hours later? I'm definitely down to ditch my finals since they won't even affect me, but no one's willing to ditch also and Mike can't pick me up since he has work that day. Ugh, but I guess it's okay since I'll have my opportunity to go when they win again next year. Anyways, I fucking hate Laker haters. It's our year; let us enjoy it. I swear we never hate on the other teams when they win, so why do they have to convert their spitefulness and jealousy into bullshit arguments? When the Celtics won last year, I didn't see any Laker fans making up excuses for why they won, such as "Oh, Kobe's finger was fucking him up. The Celtics just got lucky. The game was rigged." So why are people making up shit about why the Lakers won? "The refs helped out the Lakers cause they were bribed. Kobe couldn't have done it first without Shaq, now without Gasol. Lakers would have lost if they went against the Cavs or the Celtics, they just lucked out that Lebron played on a one-man team and KG wasn't in the playoffs." This is how it is: the Los Angeles Lakers are the best team in the world at this point, and all haters should stfu if they have nothing substantial to say. As an example, here's an exchange of messages over Myspace after someone responded to a bulletin I posted:


From: TripseeyCindy
Date: Jun 14, 2009 7:50 PM
Subject: Thank you Celtics

for making this year's victory that much sweeter.

Watching MVP Kobe be happy makes me even happier.
True Laker fans knew this year would be theirs for the taking.
2009 Champions! Fuck haters!


From: R.Kheng
To: TripseeyCindy
Date: Jun 14, 2009 7:58 PM

lol watch next year you guys only won cause we didnt have kg


From: TripseeyCindy
To: R.Kheng
Date: Jun 14, 2009 8:25 PM

Seeing as how L.A. dominated Orlando this year, and Orlando beat Boston, even with KG you guys wouldn't have won. Your guys choked. Simple as that. The Lakers were a much better team this year, and they'll carry it on next year, beat the Celtics, and hopefully shut haters like you up. You already had your year. This is ours, so accept that the Lakers are the best team and let us enjoy it.


From: R.Kheng
To: TripseeyCindy
Date: Jun 14, 2009 8:30 PM

lol are you serious
celtics made it this far without kg
unlike lakers celtics aint a one man team
who we got?
ray allen
eddie house
paul peirce
kg

without kobe you aint shietttttttttttttt just face it


From: TripseeyCindy
To: R.Kheng
Date: Jun 14, 2009 8:36 PM

That just goes to show you KG ain't shit and Boston don't need him. Ever thought of that? And thank you for admitting Kobe's the greatest player in the league.


From: R.Kheng
To: TripseeyCindy
Date: Jun 14, 2009 8:38 PM

yur funny like i said
without kobe[that scores 40-50 points a game if you never knew that]
the team wouldnt even last throughtout the playoffs


From: TripseeyCindy
To: R.Kheng
Date: Jun 14, 2009 8:46 PM

Okay. So he's good. Should he be faulted and the Lakers be talked down upon because he's the greatest player alive? Just accept the fact that your Celtics choked this year. Keep in mind that they lost to the Cavs even with KG on the team, and the Cavs then lost to the Magic in the playoffs. Lakers dominated the Magic 4-1. We don't even wanna see what the Lakers would have done to the Celtics, even with KG on the team. Lakers, led by Kobe, are simply the best. You know, you shouldn't let your anger about me rejecting you after all those times you tried to hit on me over Myspace turn into a stupid, invalid argument about nothing. Kobe's the best, and thank you for confirming that.


Didn't get a response back yet, lmao. Sore losers, check out my husband Kobe holding up his 2009 championship trophy as well as his Finals MVP trophy.
Success must have felt pretty damn heavy, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment